Care Management Coordinator RN - Part Time
Requisition #: 183073
Location: Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: March 11, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. When joining Johns Hopkins, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The RN Care Management Coordinator will work within the Care Coordination Dept. providing coordination of care for the patients at Suburban Hospital promoting the use of the right resources, at the right time and at the right level of care.
The Care Manager - Registered Nurse / RN Care Coordinator is responsible for:
- Utilizing a collaborative process in conjunction with Care Management Coordinator, Social Workers and other health care team members, the Care manager will assess, plan, implement and evaluate the options and services required to meet an individual's health and health related needs.
- The Care Manager serves as an advocate for the patient, family and organization to promote quality, cost effective outcomes. Active participation in program development and process improvement efforts is an expectation of the role of the Care Manager.
- Provides efficient resource utilization to assure optimal clinical quality and financial outcomes in accordance with Utilization Management Committee guidelines, the Utilization Management Plan, and federal & state regulations.
- Current Maryland RN licensure
- BSN is preferred or must be actively pursuing a BSN
- In order to be successful in this role, you need experience in the acute care case management process - with a current working knowledge of discharge planning, Utilization Management and Review, case management, performance improvement and managed care reimbursement
- Certification in case management desirable, but not mandatory
- Experience in the nursing process. General knowledge of case management process including utilization review, transitional planning, outcomes management and assessment.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of internal and external customers including but not limited to medical staff, patients and families, clinical personnel, support and technical staff, outside agencies, and members of the community.
- This is a part-time position (two 10-hour days/week)
- 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM
- No weekends
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.