Care Manager- FT Weekend Program
Requisition #: 506363
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Social Work/Mental Health
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: March 26, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 414266
Location: 600 N. Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
The Care Manager, as part of the Weekend Program, is a dynamic role combining assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation and advocacy. The Care Manager gathers options and services to meet an individual's and family's comprehensive health needs. The Care Manager communicates with all members of the team, patient, and family members to align resources that promote safety, quality outcomes, and cost efficiency. The weekend Care Manager uses their care coordination knowledge and professional background to prioritize cases and align transition planning to promote efficiency along the care continuum; contributing to the attainment of organizational goals. The role directly impacts patient care and outcomes:
- Coordinates interdisciplinary care for a caseload of patients for their trajectory across the care continuum; taking into consideration the age and development needs of the patient as well as the social determinants of health.
- Is responsible for the interdisciplinary coordination of patient care as established by critical paths or psychological/social/practical care, managed care contracts, and individualized interdisciplinary plans of care; engaging resources across all layers of the health care landscape (i.e. payer resources/Case Managers/programs, community resources, health system resources, etc.)
- Mobilizes resources and manages the system(s) in order to respond to concurrent and retrospective variances according to the Interdisciplinary individualized plan of care.
- Maintains knowledge of and responds to clinical system, and fiscal data related to specific patient populations.
Day Shift, Full Time (40 hours)
8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- RN Applicants: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of Nursing (BSN)
- SW Applicants: Master’s degree from an accredited school of Social Work (MSW)
- RN Applicants: Current registered nurse licensure in the State of Maryland AND CPR/BLS certification
- Social Work Applicants: Licensure by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners at LMSW level
- Exceptions: *Is licensed to practice social work in another state or possesses social work qualifications in another jurisdiction comparable and *Meets requirements established by the Board in regulations and *Has an application for a license pending before the Board or*Has successfully passed an examination or examinations prescribed by the Board pertinent to the license sought.
- ACM or CCM Certification preferred; not required.
- RN Applicants: 1 year of full-time (or equivalent) Case Management experience OR three years full-time nursing experience, preferably in acute care setting
- SW Applicants: 1 year of experience in providing clinical social work service or care coordination preferably in a mental health/health care setting (internship may apply), or Case/Care Management role.
- Insurance benefit structures and related legal/ medical issues.- Quality improvement processes. -Community resources. -Knowledge of current health care environment -Knowledge and ability to gather relevant data to synthesize and summarize information in making judgements regarding patient care RN Applicants: Demonstrated clinical expertise in acute care nursing with clinical expertise in a specialty area - SW Applicants: Knowledge of biophysical and cultural elements of clincal social work practice -Knowledge of procedures, systems, and organizational objectives used within social work.
- -Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. -Advanced interpersonal skills. -Ability to influence and negotiate individual and group decision-making. -Ability to analyze, synthesize, and summarize information to make judgments regarding patient care. -Business acumen so that health benefits and patient/provider satisfaction are maximized while solidifying the program’s viability through cost effective intervention -Ability to function effectively in a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.