CASE COORDINATOR-SOC WORKER II
- Requisition #:
- Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20016
- Social Work/Mental Health
- Day Shift
*********** Sign on Bonus $5,000.00 ***********
Sibley Memorial Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, has a distinguished history of serving the community since its founding in 1890. As a not-for-profit and full-service community hospital, Sibley offers medical, surgical, intensive care, obstetric, oncology, orthopedic and skilled nursing inpatient services, as well as a 24-hour Emergency Department. Sibley’s campus is also home to Grand Oaks, an assisted living residence; a medical building with physician offices and ambulatory surgery and imaging centers
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Free onsite parking
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
Provides ancillary service to the Emergency and Psychiatry Departments in the evaluation of patients who present to the ED with behavioral health complaints.
The Social Worker is responsible for providing high quality patient care, displaying good skills in assessment, treatment planning, individual, group, family treatment, and discharge planning. Additionally, he/she is expected to function well as a member of the multidisciplinary team and participates in the unit community relations program.
Provides ancillary services to the Emergency and Psychiatry Departments in the evaluation of patients who present to the ED with psychiatric difficulties which may or may not require hospitalization. Will provide an expeditious approach in determine the appropriate disposition of the patient as well as improve the timeliness of patient assessment and treatment. Serves as a resource to patients’ families and the community.
- Licensure as an LICSW in the District of Columbia. Graduate of an accredited program for social work services or counseling.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or sociology, gerontology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, or psychology from an accredited school.
- At least two to five years of psychiatric social work or counseling experience with a focus in adult, geriatric and crisis management.
- Current CPR Certification required.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.