Case Management Assistant, Team Lead
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Clerical and Administrative Support
Reports to the Program Manager and performs member related activities as directed by the Care Management department. Activities may include, under direction of the Case Manager, assisting with coordinating patient referrals and/or authorizations, member and physician letters / mailings, provider faxes, and member calls if a case management assistant (CMA) is unavailable. Processes authorizations and enters complex clinical data into the care management /disease management databases. Responsible for tracking, trending and monitoring phone queues. Responsible for ensuring that all DM/CM phone queues are covered and meeting the primary customer service metrics. Participates in various department projects and meetings. Provides training and guidance to new CMAs as needed.
Work Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital
Work Hours: 8a-5p (M-F)
Education: Requires education level acquired with the completion of an AA degree, business school or equlivalent work expeience.
- Technical training in medical terminology as acquired through the completion of recognized course work or equivalent experience.
- Strong familiarity and working knowledge of Microsoft office applications including advanced features
- Requires an understanding of managed care.
· Work requires emphasis on social community or health care related disciplines as acquired through three years of work-related experience or educational preparation
· A minimum of two years providing administrative/intake support in a managed care setting.
· Experience in utilization management, case management, disease management or customer service preferred