Case Manager I ED
Requisition #: 446444
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Social Work/Mental Health
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 23, 2021
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 446444
Location: 1800 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:00am - 8:00pm
Weekend work required
In collaboration with patients/families, social workers, physicians and the interdisciplinary team, the Case Manager provides leadership and advocacy in the coordination of patient-centered care across the continuum to facilitate optimal transitions and progression in care. The Case Manager manages clinical resources and transition planning for patients within an assigned caseload from pre-admission through post-discharge, actively working to identify/ eliminate barriers to the delivery of clinical services with the patient, family and care team.
Completion of an accredited RN Nursing Program; BSN preferred
• Minimum three to five years of nursing experience required
• Preferred experience in case management, discharge planning or utilization review
• Valid Maryland Nursing License required
• Accredited Case Manager – Registered Nurse (ACM – RN) / Certified Case Manager (CCM)preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations with ability to form and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with hospital staff, patients, families, post-acute providers and payers.
- Ability to effectively problem solve in a proactive, creative manner, using judgment based on clinical knowledge.
- Ability to function effectively in a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency with an electronic patient record, email, general office and communications equipment.
- Business acumen so that health benefits and patient/ provider satisfaction are maximized while solidifying the program’s viability through cost effective intervention.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.