Case Manager I, Weekends
Requisition #: 414923
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 15, 2021
Provides clinically-bases case management to support the delivery of effective and efficient patient care in the in-patient, outpatient and Emergency Department settings. Is responsible for managing clinical resources and discharge planning for patients within an assigned caseload. Collaborates and coordinates care with other members of the healthcare team to insure clinical and cost outcomes are met and to insure reimbursement. Utilizes clinical guidelines and criteria to determine medical necessity of hospital stay. Actively works to eliminate barriers to the delivery of clinical services with the patient, family and healthcare team, creates a discharge plan appropriate to the patient’s needs and resources.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work requires the level of knowledge typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing or closely related field and three years of previous experience that preferably includes case management, discharge planning or utilization review. An understanding of the principles of managed care, clinical resource management and discharge planning needed.
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse is required.
3. Work requires the analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical or technical principles. Work also requires the ability to effectively problem solve in a proactive, creative manner, using judgment based on factual information and clinical knowledge.
4. Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations. Should also have the ability to form and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with hospital staff, patients, families, post-acute providers and payors.
- Minimum three to five years of nursing experience required
- Preferred experience in case management, discharge planning or utilization review
- Current Maryland or Compact RN license
- CPR certification - AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- Associate degree in nursing required, BSN preferred.
- Accredited Case Manager – Registered Nurse (ACM – RN) / Certified Case Manager (CCM)preferred
Benefits for you and your family:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee tuition reimbursement
- Dependent tuition reimbursement
- Clinical ladder
- On campus gym
- Apply today!
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.