Case Manager: Medicine
Requisition #: 261243
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 27, 2020
Provides clinically-bases case management to support the delivery of effective and efficient patient care in the in-patient, outpatient and Emergency Department settings. Is responsible for managing clinical resources and discharge planning for patients within an assigned caseload. Collaborates and coordinates care with other members of the healthcare team to insure clinical and cost outcomes are met and to insure reimbursement. Utilizes clinical guidelines and criteria to determine medical necessity of hospital stay. Actively works to eliminate barriers to the delivery of clinical services with the patient, family and healthcare team, creates a discharge plan appropriate to the patient’s needs and resources.
* Current Maryland or Compact RN License
* CPR Certification - AHA , Red Cross or Military Training Network accepted
* BSN in Nursing required
* 3 years previous experience that includes case management, discharge planning or utilization review. An understanding of the principles of managed care, clinical resource management and discharge planning is needed.
Benefits for you and your family:
* Comprehensive Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Life and Disability insurance
* Employee Tuition reimbursement
* Dependent Tuition reimbursement
* Day Care
* On Campus gym
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.