Cash Poster II - Direct Hire
Requisition #: 2078
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Week: Temporary Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Oct. 23, 2020
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Reports to Cash Posting Supervisor, the Cash Poster II is responsible for the accurate and timely posting of the cash receipts to the patient's account for various payers within the established reimbursement cycle. Excels in posting cash in multiple systems. Acts as a resource and helps train others. Quality of work performed is consistent, can quantify results and give specific details. Assertive and capable of identifying and addressing problems. Assists with special projects and compiles reports. Performs daily and monthly reconciliation of cash posting to cash receipts to identify resolve complex discrepancies in the reconciliation process.
Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge in the foloowing areas:
- Policies and procedures
- Billing and Collections
- Regulations regarding third party payers
- Account procedures
- Ability to pinpoint problems and resolve them accurately
- Excellent interpersona, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to empathize with patients' needs
- Clerical skills - typing, filing, and can use calculator
- Ability to use WordPerfect, Excel and other computer software
- Organizational skills and analytical ability to prepare reports and reconcile statements
- Must demonstrate exceptional maturity, willingness to maintain harmonious working relationships
Work Experience and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Some college preferred
- Two (2) years experience in medical receivables (including cash posting)
- Experience with an automated receivable system
- Strong background in medical terminology
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.