Certified Professional Coder
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Regional Physicians, Odenton, MD 21113
- Day Shift
No Nights and Weekends!
The Certified Professional Coder (CPC) at Odenton is a billing staff position with responsibility for specified coding and billing department duties within ENTAA Care, a practice pod of Johns Hopkins Regional Physicians LLC.
Essential Skils of The Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Obtains operative reports for all posted surgeries and scans them into patient record.
- Uses correct coding guidelines to appropriately code surgical cases and posts surgical charges.
- Specializes in Workman’s Compensation claims, including obtaining authorizations as needed.
- Assists with review, assessment and retraining on provider audits.
- Prepares quarterly Assistant Surgeon Report.
- Trains and instructs providers and staff on appropriate coding and compliant documentation.
- Collects and enters patient’s insurance information into data base when appropriate.
- Responds to telephone calls from patients regarding account information, balances and insurance questions.
- Trains personnel new to the practice as necessary.
- Provides cross coverage for other billing personnel as required to ensure workflow is consistent.
- Additional duties as assigned and necessary for the function of both the billing department and the practice.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm
- High School diploma or GED
- Certification as a Certified Professional Coder through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- At least three (3) years of medical billing experience
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
*Johns Hopkins Regional Physicans benefits may vary from Johns Hopkins Health System
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.