Chaplain - Per diem
Requisition #: 260523
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 9, 2020
The staff chaplain is responsible for the assessment of spiritual needs and the provision of spiritual care to patients, families and staff. Providing spiritual care involves a variety of interventions and competencies such as spiritual presence, active listening, spiritual guidance to include prayer, empathetic support,advocacy and resource for religious texts and/or rituals. Demonstrates competency in providing care to patients, families and staff, based on age, gender, spiritual or religious background and demonstrated needs. Reports to the Senior Director, Ambulatory Care with the responsibility to provide spiritual or religious assistance either directly or through coordination with other available Spiritual Care providers.
WORK HOURS: Per Diem - schedule varies
LOCATION:: St. Petersburg, FL
- Master’s degree or equivalent training from an accredited college, university, seminary or school of Divinity or Theology
- Ordination or commissioning by a recognized denomination or religious body, and endorsement for chaplaincy as a validated ministry
- Certification by a professional chaplaincy organization or certification eligibility with the expectation of achieving certification within three (3) years of hire
- 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) from an accredited healthcare institution
- 1 year previous experience and knowledge within health care ministry including, but not limited to, areas such as the psychological and spiritual dimensions of illness, grief and loss, death and dying, family dynamics and interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people of diverse spiritual or religious backgrounds
- Ability to understand and react effectively to the age specific needs unique to assigned patients
- Current infant, child, and adult CPR and AED training, AHA
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.