Child Care Assistant
Requisition #: 187415
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 28, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Child Day Care
Limited/ 20 hrs/ week); Eve Shift (3:30 PM – 7:30 PM)
Weekends Not Required
Provides assistance to the Child Care Teacher in the delivery of a thematic curriculum. Conducts activities that are developmentally appropriate for the assigned children, Provide care for all children 2-5 years of age. Interacts with adults over the age of 18 years.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work requires a high school level of educational development and up to one year of basic technical training in childcare and no previous experience.
- Current 90 hour Certificate and valid CPR certification (Healthcare Provider) required.
- Work requires the skills to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers, and make comparisons between numbers and letters.
- Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Incumbents must respond appropriately to instructions, questions or requests for information. Work occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors which involves courtesy.
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities
- Work requires occasionally reaching and grasping objects.
- Work requires proofreading and/or reviewing documents.
- Lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 11 to 20 pounds.
- Stooping and bending.
- Reaching and grasping objects.
Work is generally performed in an office or clinical environment in which is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.