Child Life Activity Tech
Requisition #: 213804
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 9, 2020
Child Life Activity Tech will demonstrate knowledge of child development and appropriate activities for age groups required. The ability to provide a therapeutic and safe environment for individuals and groups. Demonstrate the ability to assist patients and families in coping with the stress of hospitalization through assessment of the individual with normalizing activities appropriate for their developmental age. Exhibit and deliver strong customer service skills with patients, families, students, volunteer staff and the health care team. Provide oversight to volunteer and Pet Therapy programs and work with the community in providing high quality events for patients and families. Also, required are effective group facilitation skills, strong interpersonal communication skills, a high degree of creativity, effective time and resource management, flexibility, strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Hours: 8 Hour Days, Weekends required
- Associates Degree in Child Development, Family Studies, Education, Psychology or related field
- High school degree/GED, and at least 30 hours of coursework in Child Development, Family Studies, Education, Psychology or related field
- High school degree/GED and Florida Department of Children and Families Birth through Five Training Certificate
- High school degree/GED and 5 years of relevant experience in a pediatric setting.
- Requires the ability to assess with visual and auditory acuity and respond effectively to the individual, age specific needs with high quality child life intervention.
- Ability to effectively manage within an environment of emotional and physical stress.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to relate well with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Requires current infant, child, and adult CPR and AED training.
- Auditory, visual and interpersonal skills to effectively assess the environment, patient and family engagement.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.