Client Specialist (Desktop Support)
Requisition #: 197031
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Dec. 31, 2019
Client Specialist VT2
Requisition #: 197031
Location: 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Work Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Work Week: Full time
The primary role of the Client Specialist (CS) is to support computer hardware and various software installations, incident resolution, and upgrades according to JHH standards and guidelines. Utilizes the Helpdesk ticketing system to track work time and document efforts on all tickets in the queue. Manage and maintain individual work queue as well as contribute to overall management of group queue, communicate via e-mail and voicemail messages in a timely manner. Ensures that processes and documentation is kept up-to-date. Assists with software deployments and upgrades as directed by the Manager and/or Director. Performs hardware moves in a timely manner. Assists with technical evaluations of new desktop hardware and software as assigned to ensure products being evaluated meet JHH standards and technical requirements for long-term strategic goals. Maintains skill levels of current technology by using the educational resources to keep abreast of new deveopments in hardware and software advancements. Participates in segments of the lifecycle of projects. Device management complexity is typically above entry level. Builds and maintains relationships through positive interactions. Demonstrates ability to provide good customer service. Tasks are moderately complex in nature (i.e., working with multiple devices or device types, or simple software, or handling more than one customer at a time).
- Evaluate customer needs in the computing device environment (e.g., desktop, mobile devices, etc.) by meeting with the customer to gather information on business problems
- Install software utilities for computing device management such as printer setup utilities, font downloading utilities and batch files and for automated installation of software on computing devices by using established toolsets.
- Deliver, move, and physically install all computing devices and related software including peripherals, operating systems, standard software and vendor software according to documented procedures.
- Maintain device and software inventories, by performing preventive maintenance according to documentation and standards, and by repairing and replacing devices as needed.
- With assistance from LAN Administrators, restore files using established procedures to ensure recovery in the event of file failure.
- Participate in testing of equipment and software and provide feedback for inclusion in documentation.
- Gather information for creation and maintenance of user accounts/directory structure including network shared files and applications. Assist users in accessing their accounts and network resources.
- Uses base knowledge of client infrastructure components (Enterprise Client Image, Infoblox, SCCM, Active Directory, Casper, Airwatch, Microsoft InTune, and etc).
- Using established protocols, communicate to departmental customers and/or organizational systems about updates, installations, etc.
- Accurately update resolution and time spent on tickets/service requests so that performance data can be tracked and maintained. Identify tickets for inclusion into Knowledge Base.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED.
Equivalency Formula: Related experience beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years’ experience-for-one year education basis.
Required Experience: Two years related experience. Additional education can be substituted for experience.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.