RN Clinical Coordinator--Neonatal ICU FT Night
Requisition #: 175718
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 6, 2019
The Clinical Coordinator in the NICU is a registered nurse with demonstrated clinical and management skills that is accountable and responsible for providing direct patient care. In addition, the Clinical Coordinator NICU will maintain the standards of care during the daily operations of the NICU. The Clinical Coordinator, NICU will be the clinical nursing expert and will manage the day-to-day operations in HCGH’s NICU.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- BSN required. Those hired into a Clinical Coordinator role prior to July 1, 2016 will be grandfathered. Clinical Coordinators starting after November 1, 2019, must enroll in a BSN program within 6 months of starting the position, starting course work promptly after acceptance. The BSN program must be completed within 4 years of their hire date with steady progress toward degree completion. Steady progress is defined as a minimum of 9 credits per calendar year from the time they begin course work.
- At least three (3) years experience in direct patient care with current and previous experience in applicable clinical specialty.
- Minimum of one to two (1-2) years of management/formal leadership experience preferred.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of Maryland.
- Current CPR and NRP certifications required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.