Clinical Coordinator: TCAS OR FT Days
Requisition #: 196637
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Oct. 15, 2019
The TCAS Clinical Coordinator is a registered nurse with demonstrated clinical and management skills that is accountable and responsible for providing direct patient care. In addition, the Clinical Coordinator will maintain the standards of care and supervise the daily OR schedule and specific service assigned in the TCAS OR. The ability to work in a collegial and collaborative manner with the nurse manager, clinical program manager, anesthesia attending, surgeons OR nurses, techs and assistants and pre-op/PACU clinical coordinators to manage safe and efficient flow of the OR schedule. The clinical coordinator will be the clinical nursing expert and will manage the day-to-day operations of surgical services for the entire board or for designated service lines at TCAS. The clinical coordinator will consider patient care needs and utilize resources in order to deliver patient care needs in a safe and efficient manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- BSN required. Those hired prior to July 1, 2016 will be grandfathered. Internal hires, prior to July 1, 2018 must enroll in a BSN program within 6 months of starting the position, starting course work promptly after acceptance. The BSN program must be completed within 4 years of their hire date with steady progress toward degree completion. Steady progress is defined as a minimum of 9 credits per calendar year from the time they begin course work. All hires after July 1, 2018 must have a completed BSN.
- At least one (1) year experience in direct patient care with current and previous experience in applicable clinical specialty preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year management experience preferred.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of Maryland.
- Current CPR certification.
- Nationally recognized certification in nursing administration and/or an appropriate specialty preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.