Clinical Dietitian / Registered Dietitian
Requisition #: 190475
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Aug. 20, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
The Clinical Dietitian Specialist I, II or III to join our innovative Clinical Nutrition Team. This individual would work collaboratively with a cutting edge multi-disciplinary health care team to promote wellness, maintain current health, and/or intervene in acute or chronic illness through evidence-based practices. This position involves the assessment and individualized care for our diverse patient population, including patients requiring enteral nutrition and/or therapeutic diets, based on the patients' health care needs.
Full Time, Day Shift, 40 hours per week, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Johns Hopkins Hospital, East Baltimore Campus
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Requires two or more years’ clinical experience as a Registered Dietitian, including at least one year in a specialty area, pediatrics is preferred.
- Knowledge of food science, biochemistry, physiology, management science, behavioral science and social science as applied to human nutrition.
- Requires a high level of analytical ability to incorporate into practice advance clinical and theoretical concepts.
- Requires substantial interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team to enhance collaboration and problem-solving; and to interact with patients and families.
*Will consider multiple levels of experience.
- Requires registry with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Must be licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist in the State of Maryland or licensure-eligible,
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Staff, Healthcare, Health System, Hospital, Nutrition, Nutrition Services, Dietetic Services, Wellness, Registered Dietitian, RD, Registered Dietetic Technician, Medical Nutrition Therapy, Nutrition Assessments, Food and Nutrition Science, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, ACEND, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Licensed Nutritionist, Certified Personal Trainer, American Dietetic Association, Therapeutic Diet Plans, Counseling, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, Health Education, Health Education Programs
Johns Hopkins Hospital is a Smoke Free Campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.