Clinical Dietitian, Clinical Dietitian Specialist I, II, or III
Requisition #: 188252
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 24, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Clinical Dietitian Specialist will work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary health care team to promote wellness, maintain current health, and/or intervene in acute or chronic illness through evidence-based practices. This position involves assessing nutritional status, formulating and participating in implementation of nutrition care plans, including all aspects of nutrition support, counseling and education; as well as teaching and supervising dietetic interns and students
Full Time, Day Shift, 40 hours per week, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Johns Hopkins Hospital, East Baltimore Campus
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Requires two or more years’ clinical experience as a Registered Dietitian, including at least one year in a specialty area, pediatrics is preferred.
- Knowledge of food science, biochemistry, physiology, management science, behavioral science and social science as applied to human nutrition.
- Requires a high level of analytical ability to incorporate into practice advance clinical and theoretical concepts.
- Requires substantial interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team to enhance collaboration and problem-solving; and to interact with patients and families.
- Requires registry with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Must be licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist in the State of Maryland or licensure-eligible
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.