CLINICAL DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Day Shift
At this time, JHHS is registered in MD, DC, DE, VA , FL and PA . You must live in one of these states to work in this role.
At Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (JHCP), we bring Johns Hopkins Medicine to our communities. With more than 40 locations throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC, we have opportunities for you to join our amazing team of healthcare professionals, right in your neighborhood. You don’t have to travel far to find your next great opportunity! You belong here!
What awaits you!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403B Savings Plan w/employer contribution
- Paid Time off & Paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Tuition assistance benefits
- Free Parking
- Refer a friend to Johns Hopkins, opportunity to earn $$$
- Health & Wellness programs and more!
JHCP is looking for a Clinical Documentation Specialist II to Facilitate the improvement in the overall quality, accuracy and completeness of concurrent medical record documentation to help identify and close gaps in care for ongoing health conditions, achieve accurate ICD10 diagnosis and procedural coding and monitor severity of illness using risk adjustment indices, such as HCC and ACG. Obtains and reviews clinical documentation through interactions with providers, staff, and electronic and other health records. Responsible for overall efficiency and effectiveness of the service lines assigned. Interacts with CDSI responsible for developing and accessing educational materials to target specific needs.
Location: 6225 Smith Ave., Baltimore, MD 21209
Shift: Non-exempt. - Full-time - 40 hours per week - Mon-Fri
What You'll Need to be Successful:
Requires successful completion of an accredited advanced clinical program, such as an RN program (BSN or higher), or an AMA approved Physician Assistant program, or other advanced medical training such as an MD-BS. Completion of masters or doctoral level training is preferred for the CDS II.
Requires a minimum of 3 years Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant clinical experience in similarly complex acute care setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, diagnosis, chronic disease processes, and pharmacology. Analytical ability required to gather data, decide on conformity based on predetermined criteria, identify problems and refer for resolution. Knowledge of medical records coding standards.
- Requires advanced clinical documentation certification and/or risk adjustment certification through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Requires current RN license to practice in State of Maryland or another state that participates in the Nurse Licensure Compact, or current licensure to practice as a PA by the Maryland Board of Physicians (Board certified by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants), or other advanced clinical degree (i.e. MD or MD-BS) required.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.