Clinical Informatics Analyst
Requisition #: 324687
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 27, 2021
This position reports to the Director of the Department of Food and is responsible for designated clinical content implementations, and ongoing support and maintenance of clinical information systems and other clinical informatics needs. Adheres to IS project management standards and appropriately sees projects through to the project life cycle. Analyzes workflow to determine enhancement needs. Defines technical and IT enhancements, documents needs, and formulates specifications for the programmer. Works with medical leadership and Clinical Informatics & PI Manager to determine clinical content development priorities. Assists in testing and implementation of enhancements. Serves on various committees as a representative of the JHCP user community and the IS department as needed. Works with new providers and specialty groups to analyze needs and formulate a plan to meet those needs. Work involves travel between JHCP/JHHS sites as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics or equivalent program required, Master’s degree preferred.
At least 3 years of experience required.
Experience with EMR systems is preferred.
- GE Centricity experience is desirable.
- Project management experience in health care.
- Clinical experience in a patient care setting. Exposure to the clinical environment is required.
- Ability to independently manage projects using project life cycle standards. Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills are required to interact with a diverse group of providers and staff. Provide guidance and support to staff
- Ability to work well with others are varying skill sets and from different departments/organizations
- Proficient in the use of PC software applications for word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and project management.
- Current Registered Dietitian (RD LDN) license in state of Maryland is required.
Casual, On Cal, Day Shift,
weekend work not required
The Johns Hopkins Health System, Culinary Services, 5300 Alpha Commons, Baltimore, MD 21224
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.