Clinical Informatics Analyst
Requisition #: 185252
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 1, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst works collaboratively with all HCGH end users of clinical information systems and applications. Provides assistance in planning and implementing new information technology (IT) for clinical departments. Largely responsible for training of electronic medical record clinical applications, and ongoing support of clinical IT as well as all levels of end users. Utilizes knowledge and skills of clinical (nursing and/or non-nursing) practice to determine those clinical processes which are suitable for IT and automation and ensures that implemented clinical IT is consistent with professional standards of clinical practice. Analyzes current and future end user department requirements, procedures, and workflow, in order to provide clinical IT solutions that support and improve organization, division, and/or department operations. Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with end user departments to ensure optimal utilization of the Hospital's clinical systems and applications, while providing appropriate levels of end user training and education.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to effectively present information to management groups and/or interdisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State (Maryland) regulatory and reporting requirements regarding healthcare clinical information systems.
- Knowledge of healthcare clinical software applications and systems.
- Proficiency in SAP preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Clinical Informatics, OR Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years of experience with a certification in Nursing Informatics.
- Because the majority of the Hospital’s clinical systems and applications directly impact nursing staff and processes, preference will be given to a Registered Nurse who meets the education and experience requirements.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Registered Nurse by the State of Maryland or licensure in a compact state that allows practice in Maryland is preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.