Clinical Pharmacist 1A (Evening Shift)
Requisition #: 415264
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 28, 2021
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 415264
Location: 600 N. Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Evening Shift 2:30pm - 11:00pm
Reports to the Division Director of Pharmacy for the assigned area. Responsible for working collaboratively with the multidisciplinary health care team to promote wellness, maintain current health, and/or intervene in acute or chronic illness. Promotes the safe and effective use of medications by consulting with other health care professionals concerning problems and instructs patients and families on their medications. Provides education to patients, students, residents, and pharmacists.
Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy resulting in Pharm. D. or BS degree. Completion of an ASHP accredited residency program or equivalent experience is desired.
Two years of practice experience in area of specialty practice is preferred or completion of a specialty pharmacy residency in the area of practice.
- Current licensure as a pharmacist in the State of Maryland required.
- Hospital and departmental education requirements completed within 90 days of hire. ACLS and/or PALS certification is desired.
- Previous clinical health-system experience is desired.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of pharmacology, therapeutics, pharmacokinetics, drug information, and the medication use system.
- Familiarity with medication safety concepts and process improvement methodologies is desired.
- Demonstrates high level of skills related to teamwork, organization, and prioritization of workflow.
- Displays customer service and interpersonal communication skills required for effective communication with patients and other health care providers.
- Exhibits emotional maturity with regard to teamwork, self-awareness, and empathy.
- A high level of analytical ability is required to research and evaluate drug information, interpret patient specific data, and resolve problems regarding medication use.
- Committed to teaching, mentoring, and coaching pharmacy technicians, students, residents and pharmacists.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.