Clinical Pharmacist Specialist (Ambulatory Oncology) 1
Requisition #: 184842
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 3, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Ambulatory Oncology Clinical Specialist Is responsible for the provision of pharmaceutical care by working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary health care team to promote wellness, maintain current health, and/or intervene in acute or chronic illness. Works to promote the use of established medication use policies and assists with the identification and development of new Pharmacy Department and Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee policies. Provides education to patients, students, residents, pharmacists, and other health care practitioners. Assumes a leadership role in the profession of pharmacy. Supports and participates in the institutional mission of providing quality patient care, education, and research.”
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of Pharmacy.
- Minimum 1-3 years ambulatory oncology experience or equivalent
- Board certification is preferred.
- Licensure: Current District of Columbia Pharmacist license or proof of eligibility
- For licensure by reciprocity or exam. (Current District of Columbia license is necessary to act in official capacity of pharmacist. See Graduate Pharmacist job description.)
- Current CPR Certification required.
- PGY-2 Oncology Residency preferred.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.