Ambulatory Social Worker
Requisition #: 547385
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Social Work/Mental Health
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 28, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 547384
Johns Hopkins Hospital
1800 Orleans Street
Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shifts 8:00am - 5:00pm
Weekend Work Not Required
This position will support the Department of Care Coordination and the Center for Peri Operative Optimization in a collaborative effort by providing pre surgical admission screening and assessments to address the post acute care needs and facilitate early discharge planning of patients with a positive score from the Edmonton Frailty Screen and other high risk patients as identified by screening and referrals. This will involve an evaluation of patient needs, as well as, conduct a comparative analysis of patients who screened postive who receive services against those who previously did not receive service, measuring against factors such as length of stay and readmssions. This position has shared responsibilities for Care Management coverage for the ambulatory areas of Adult Medicine and Surgery that fall under the Dept of Care Coordination.
MSW degree from an accredited school of social work.
Required Work Experience:
1 year of experience in providing clinical social work service, preferably, in a mental health/health care setting (internship may apply).
Required Licensure, Certification, Etc.:
- Is licensed to practice social work in another state or possesses social work qualifications in another jurisdiction comparable and
- Meets requirement established by the Board in regulations and
- Has an application for a license pending before the Board or
- Has successfully passed an examination or examinations prescribed by the Board pertinent to the license sought.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of biopsychosocial and cultural elements of clinical social work practice.
- Knowledge of procedures, systems, and organizational objectives used within social work.
- Effective knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of current health care environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to gather relevant data to synthesize and summarize information in making judgments regarding patient care.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate/exchange and interact effectively and professionally with hospital staff, agency health care professionals, patients and families.
- Proficiency and skill in providing social work services in a mental health/health care setting.
- Analytical ability to assess patient needs, develop associated treatment plans and deliver effective interventions.
- Ability to identify organization obstacles and make recommendations to improve patient care.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.