Clinical Social Worker - Per Diem (rotating shift)
Requisition #: 171794
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Social Work/Mental Health
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 28, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Clinical Social Worker’s purpose is to assist the patient, family, and health care team in identifying the psychosocial factors which contribute to the health problem, influence the medical treatment, or impact planning for discharge from the hospital. This position requires competency in a wide range of therapeutic modalities resulting in a complex level of intervention. Clinical Social Worker serves as an integral member of the health care team delivering psychosocial care in accordance with JHACH policies and procedures.
- Conducts psychosocial assessment to identify and respond to patient and families’ social and emotional needs that impact the patient’s medical treatment and outcome
- Conducts suicide risk assessment and if patient meets criteria then baker act the patient as well as assist with placement to a psychiatric facility
- Makes necessary referrals to multi-disciplinary team members and links patient and family to community resources to assist in coordination of care or reduces psychosocial distress
- Provides therapeutic interventions such as crisis intervention, protective services, grief/supportive counseling, problem-solving, strengths perspective, utilization of healthy coping strategies, and psychoeducation
- Collaborates with medical team to develop a plan of care and identifies psychosocial barriers that interfere/prevent discharge
- Maintains timely and effective electronic psychosocial documentation, data collection, and proper record keeping for patients
- Communicates with team members regarding the patient’s needs and interventions utilized as well as attends team meetings, huddles, and/or rounds
- Masters of Social Work Degree from an accredited program
- 2 years of clinical social work experience
- Current Florida LCSW
- Excellent listening and oral/written communication skills
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Occasional exposure to communicable diseases when working in a healthcare setting
- Ability to intervene to de-escalate an angry patient/family member
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.