Clinical Social Worker
Requisition #: 185790
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Social Work/Mental Health
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 21, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Provides direct psychological, social and practical care to a select caseload of patients and families including social work assessments, problem identification, goal setting and implementation of care plans. Makes referrals to outside agencies and coordinates continuity of care. Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to optimize patient outcomes. Contributes to the attainment of organizational goals. Will be required to provide coverage during absences, vacancies and on call.
· Knowledge of biopsychosocial and cultural elements of clinical social work practice.
· Knowledge of procedures, systems, and organizational objectives used within social work.
· Effective knowledge of community resources.
· Knowledge of current health care environment.
· Knowledge of and ability to gather relevant data to synthesize and summarize information in making judgments regarding patient care.
MSW degree from an accredited school of social work.
1 year of experience in providing clinical social work service, preferably, in a mental health/health care setting (internship may apply).
Day, Full Time (40 hours)
8:30 am -5:00 pm
Pay Grade: CJ
JHH, 600 N. Wolf Street
· Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate/exchange and interact effectively and professionally with hospital staff, agency health care professionals, patients and families.
· Proficiency and skill in providing social work services in a mental health/health care setting.
· Analytical ability to assess patient needs, develop associated treatment plans and deliver effective interventions.
· Ability to identify organization obstacles and make recommendations to improve patient care.
Required Licensure, Certification:
Must be licensed by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners
Level I- LGSW level.
Levle II- LCSW-c
· Is licensed to practice social work in another state or possesses social work qualifications in another jurisdiction comparable and
· Meets requirement established by the Board in regulations and
· Has an application for a license pending before the Board or
· Has successfully passed an examination or examinations prescribed by the
· Board pertinent to the license sought.
· Work frequently produces high level of mental fatigue.
· Works in a normal office environment where there are limited physical discomforts.
· Must be able to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
· Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous materials, and pharmacological agents.
· Possible exposure to violence.
Johns Hopkins is a Smoke – Free campus.
Cancer Matters Blog: https://cancer-matters.blogs.hopkinsmedicine.org/
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.