Clinical Training Specialist
Requisition #: 208723
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 28, 2020
Responsible for providing ongoing training and development to members of the Health Service department. Responsible for the delivery of training modules on case management, disease specific conditions, along with role-specific training and requisite computer documentation systems and databases for Health Services clinical and non-clinical staff. This position partners with technical writers and instructional designers in the development of training and may assist in the creation of training manuals, job aids, and updates to training materials. Participates in the assessment of training effectiveness to identify gaps and trends in order to make improvements or create new programs. Works with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and members of the Training and Development department to identify performance gaps that require training interventions. Facilitates classes/training to meet needs as identified. Assists in development of interventions to ensure workflow compliance.
• Conducts training sessions for JHHC staff using written materials, oral presentations and audio-visual equipment to assist groups in development of sound skills
• Assists in the development of programs that reflect the needs of the organization.
• Revises training programs based on evaluations and assessments.
• Analyzes and evaluates training programs for impact and effectiveness
• Performs workflow analysis to ensure that standards are maintained throughout the organization.
• Identifies problem areas based on data integrity monitoring.
• Assists in design of interventions to address problem areas.
• Delivers interventions to end users
- Completion of an accredited Nursing Program (RN); BSN degree required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of managed care and a demonstrated proficiency in adult learning theory and training methodologies. Work requires the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment while considering new and untested approaches.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills for use in the development of training manuals, workflows, job aids, and updates. Must demonstrate excellent presentation skills. (Short instructional presentation may be required as part of interview process).
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to conduct formal training sessions and to interact effectively with department managers.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products.
- Licensed in the State of Maryland as a Registered Nurse (RN) or LSW
- Requires three years of managed care experience. Training or teaching experience required. QA of professional staff preferred.
PAY GRADE: CM
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.