Coding Physician Specialist
Requisition #: 185772
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 20, 2019
This position is responsible for reviewing, interpreting, and documenting information from the medical record and assigning correct code(s) utilizing CPT and diagnosis codes for physician services. Assists Professional Billing clients to organize and perform chart documentation audits as requested, and helps handle coding review requests for Billing and Collection activities.
Work Hours: Day Shift/ 7:30am-4:30pm
Work Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
- 2 years of multispecialty physician coding experience
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder), or CCA (Certified Coding Associate, or (CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist Physician Based for Billing/Coding Supervisor only
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, perform basic math functions, understand medical and billing terminology, and perform advanced computer skills with proficient in Microsoft office products
- Working knowledge of basic coding, CPT, ICD and Modifier application
- Intermediate knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft Excel
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.