Coding Physician Specialist- CPC
Requisition #: 185772
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 20, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
This position is responsible for reviewing, interpreting, and documenting information from the medical record and assigning correct code(s) utilizing CPT and diagnosis codes for physician services. Assists Professional Billing clients to organize and perform chart documentation audits as requested, and helps handle coding review requests for Billing and Collection activities.
- Reviews and abstracts medical record information; assigns appropriate CPT code(s) and diagnosis codes according to current industry standards and Johns Hopkins guidelines; applies appropriate quantity and/or modifiers and ensures coding complies with NCCI and payer bundling guidelines
- Ensures that all Coder Review requests are reviewed, and completed with accuracy and according to departmental time frames
- Serves as a coding resource to the providers, departments and billing/collection staff; provides feedback regarding documentation requirements for correct coding; works with department to support education initiatives for providers, department staff and billing staff
- Assists with chart audit functions as directed by CBO management
- Performs accurate reconciliation of charges submitted to the CBO to ensure that all charges are received and coded within the department standard time frame
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
- 2 years of multispecialty physician coding experience
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder), or CCA (Certified Coding Associate, or (CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist Physician Based for Billing/Coding Supervisor only
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, perform basic math functions, understand medical and billing terminology, and perform advanced computer skills with proficient in Microsoft office products
- Working knowledge of basic coding, CPT, ICD and Modifier application
- Intermediate knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft Excel
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.