CODING SPECIALIST IV
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Day Shift
- The Inpatient Coding Specialist IV analyzes and interprets the most complex clinical electronic health documentation by physician and applicable clinical support in compliance with AHA Coding Guidelines for purposes of reporting.
- Accurately applies federal, state and organizational regulatory guidelines for coding and abstraction of inpatient accounts.
- Maintains and increases personal knowledge and education for purposes of applying the guidelines.
- Utilizes computerized encoder and other systems to access multiple data bases in performance of duties.
- Ensures accurate and timely billing and reporting.
- Identifies and authors physician queries as required to clarify documentation for accurate code assignment and archiving of the physician responses to the electronic health record.
- Organizes and prioritizes work to meet deadlines and organizational goals.
- Participates in organizational activities to assess the quality of information captured and reported through the coding process.
- Able to apply coding practices across all facilities in accordance with regulatory guidelines and which may differ between states.
While this is a remote position, employees are required to work in the states where our organization is registered.
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Employee and Dependent Tuition Assistance
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
High school diploma or GED required. Associates or higher degree in health information management or healthcare related field preferred
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.