Collection Specialist II
Requisition #: 218985
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21224
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 21, 2020
Johns Hopkins Home Care Group is always looking for talented, compassionate and committed professionals to join our team in a variety of roles. We offer a range of clinical job opportunities, including pediatric, adult and infusion nursing; physical, occupational and respiratory therapy; and pharmacy, as well as administrative positions responsible for coordinating patient care, equipment delivery and insurance billing.
Employees with Johns Hopkins Home Care Group can access a host of valuable benefits, including competitive salary and wages, health and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, and educational and career enrichment opportunities.
Reporting to the Department Manager, the Collection Specialist II, demonstrates an advanced level of proficiency in multiple payers’ billing and collection practices, secures payment for DME services that have been provided by Johns Hopkins Home Care Group with contact and follow-up with third-party payers and individuals. Independently troubleshoots and resolves complex payer issues to completion on a daily basis. Acts as a resource and helps to train others. Resolves debit and credit balance accounts. Additional duties may include payer audits, software system testing and all other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Policies and procedures
- Billing and collection and regulations regarding third party payers
- Medical terminology and coding
- Computer literate with knowledge of billing systems
- Good communication and organizational skills
- High degree of attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Analytical ability to prepare reports
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Data entry and typing
- Office administration such as filing, faxing, scanning, answering phones, customer service, documentation
- Must demonstrate an exceptional maturity, willingness to maintain harmonious working relationships
Work Experience: two (2) years medical billing experience.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.