Collection Specialist II- Temp.
Requisition #: 190142
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Temporary
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 16, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field. Begin today by reviewing our career opportunities and applying online.
Reporting to the Department Manager, the Collection Specialist II, demonstrates an advanced level of proficiency in multiple payers’ billing and collection practices, secures payment for DME services that have been provided by Johns Hopkins Home Care Group with contact and follow-up with third-party payers and individuals. Independently troubleshoots and resolves complex payer issues to completion on a daily basis. Acts as a resource and helps to train others. Resolves debit and credit balance accounts. Additional duties may include payer audits, software system testing and all other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Policies and procedures
- Billing and collection and regulations regarding third party payers
- Medical terminology and coding
- Computer literate with knowledge of billing systems
- Good communication and organizational skills
- High degree of attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Analytical ability to prepare reports
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Data entry and typing
- Office administration such as filing, faxing, scanning, answering phones, customer service, documentation
- Must demonstrate an exceptional maturity, willingness to maintain harmonious working relationships
Work Experience: two (2) years medical billing experience.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.