Community Health Advocate- Queens Anne County
Requisition #: 190965
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Ocean City, MD 21842
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 7, 2019
Provides comprehensive outreach including a visible and active presence within the community to offer education as well as assistance with referral and enrollment. Participates in activities and functions directed toward engaging potential members and providers. Develops a network with community groups focused on health issues to coordinate resources and expedite promotional and informational events to meet the needs of the audience. Cultivates network to maintain membership and target potential areas for membership growth. The Community Health Advocate will also be responsible for assisting all Priority Partners member with redetermination of their health benefits.
- Builds and maintains community relationships throughout the assigned territory in order to promote Priority Partners
- Conducts presentations and attends health events to promote Priority Partner services in assigned territory
- Manages calendar
- Communicates with supervisor, community partners, members of Priority Partners Administration, and other CHAs
- Completes required reports
- Participates in scheduled Community Health Advocate staff meetings
- Maintains current knowledge of State of Maryland enrollment procedures for the Health Choice and Primary Adult Care program
- Serves as a resource for state programs such as Health Choice and the Primary Adult Care Programs
- Assists members with redetermination for their health benefits.
- Maintains Health Education resources
Johns Hopkins Medicine.