Community Health Worker - Diabetes Program
- Requisition #:
- Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Non-Clinical Professional
- Day Shift
The Community Health Worker is responsible for the implementation of referral strategies at Suburban Hospital to identify appropriate patients for Diabetes Self-Management Training (DSMT) that will help patients form good habits and improve overall health and quality of life.
The Community Health Worker focuses on increasing the referrals and connections to Diabetes Self-Management Training (DSMT)
- Assists the hospital multidisciplinary team with the communication, coordination and collaboration necessary for the success of the patient after leaving the hospital
- Consists of patient contact via in-hospital visits and post discharge telephone calls
- Full Time, 40hrs per week
- Day shift, 8:30a - 5p (some flexibility with hours)
- weekends and occasional holidays
- Bachelor's Degree in a Healthcare related field
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.