Community Health Worker I- MDPCP (Western Maryland)
Requisition #: 528603
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Hagerstown, MD 21740
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 25, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 528603
- Western Maryland Region (For example- Hagerstown, Frederick, Westminster - may evolve or increase to additional sites in the region over time)
The Community Health Worker I will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- Screening and enrollment for eligible community programs
- Patient mentorship & patient education & pateint engagement in Western Maryland Region
- Patient follow-up and reinforcement of treatment plan tasks
- Coordination of appointments and transportation
- Fostering cohesive relationships with staff and clinical teams, with community partners and with colleagues in the Office of Population Health.
- Working with an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, care managers, social workers and other community health workers to improve health outcomes.
- Working actively in community engagement activities to include working with community organizations and assisting with community-based activities.
- May direct the tasks of volunteers.
- The CHW I must have reliable daily transportation for work related travel (to and from community site, patient homes, meetings, clinics, etc.). If using personal vehicle for work related travel, the CHW must have appropriate license and insurance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be able to speak, read and write in English
- Successful completion of the Maryland state CHW certification program. (or completion within first year of hire)
- Knowledge of local community based organizations and resources to address patient social needs in Western Maryland region;
- Knowledge of local social service benefits programs and application processes in Western Maryland region
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.