Community Social Worker (LCSW)
Requisition #: 1795
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Week: Temporary Part Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 18, 2019
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
We are currently seeking an experienced Social Worker for a temporary position with the Population Health department of Howard County General Hospital.
20 hours per week. Candidate will work 8 hours on Tuesday; plus an additional 1.5 days (flexible). No weekends.
LCSW or LCSW-C is required. Candidate must have experience working in the community and making home visits; valid drivers license and reliable transportation required. CPR preferred.
The Community Social Worker (CSW) is part of the hospital's Community Care Team (CCT), a program focused on improving the health of complex, chronically ill residents in Howard Co.
Working closely with the CCT Program Manager, principal duties include:
- Conducts comprehensive assessment of clients' psychosocial needs.
- Performs home visits.
- Provides client education, advocacy, counseling and support.
- Manages assigned caseload of clients.
- Assists clients with connecting to behavioral health treatment.
- Assists Community Health Nurses/Workers with triaging and understanding clients' psychosocial needs and determining appropriate levels of emergent care services as needed.
- Maintains extensive knowledge about community resources appropriate to needs of clients.
- Works closely with medical provider(s) and other members of the care team to provide progress updates and help ensure comprehensive and coordinated care.
- Completed timely and accurate documentation of program activities.
MSW from an accredited college/university.
Two or more years of experience in public health, behavioral health or a related field
Experience in an acute care medical setting preferred as well as community setting.
Experience working with individuals with multiple co-morbidities and mental health/ substance use conditions.
Must be licensed by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners. LCSW-C or LCSW.
Must obtain CPR certification within 60 days of hire.
Must have valid driver's license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.