Requisition #: 180892
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 1, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
Works largely independently to provide counsel and direction to departmental leadership on a wide variety of compensation matters. Contributes to the design, development, execution and communication of the organization's total rewards programs, tools, policies and processes. Conducts internal equity reviews, measures external competitiveness and ensures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Eastern High Campus
Pay grade: NL
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree. Experience beyond the work experience requirement may be substituted for the degree on a 2 years of experience for 1 year of education basis .i.e. 8 years.
Requires a minimum of seven years professional HR experience at least with five years of compensation experience in job evaluation, data acquisition and analysis, survey completion and analysis, job description creation and pay policy interpretation. Additional HR or financial analysis experience in healthcare with specific compensation exposure will be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques and computer applications (i.e. spreadsheets, word processing and databases) used in compensation management.
- Advanced knowledge of compensation tools and programs.
- Advanced knowledge of job evaluation process and salary administration practices.
- Advanced knowledge of performance management programs and incentive pay practices.
- Advanced knowledge of pertinent law and regulations such as Civil Rights Act, Equal Pay Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and personnel administration theories and practices preferred.
- Substantial interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact with employees and management at all levels in problem resolution and ability to interact with external sources for survey data collection.
- High level of analytical ability.
- Demonstrated ability with Human Resources Management Information Systems and computer applications in order to generate reports and resolve complex mathematical/financial/statistical problems. #LI-MP1
CCP and/or PHR beneficial.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.