Contract Social Worker
- Requisition #:
- Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Social Work/Mental Health
- Day Shift
Suburban Hospital is a 228-bed, not-for-profit, community-based hospital in Bethesda, Maryland. Suburban Hospital is a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine and has served Montgomery County and the surrounding area for more than 65 years. The designated trauma center for Montgomery County, Suburban Hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and has earned ANCC Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence.
- The Social Worker works under the supervision of the Department Director and Manager providing coordination of care for the patients in Suburban Hospital ICU/Stepdown and promoting the use of the right resources, at the right time and at the right level of care.
- Utilizes problem solving and discharge planning skills to arrange for appropriate referrals with community partners such as Skilled Nursing Facilities, LTACH, Home Healthcare, Long Term Acute Care, Acute Rehabilitation, Homeless Agencies and Community Clinics. Must be familiar and experienced with Medicare and Medicaid Regulations.
- Utilizes a collaborative process in conjunction with the Utilization Management RN, Case Management RN, Physicians, and other health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the options and services required to meet an individual’s health and health related needs. Works collaboratively in a team approach.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient, family and organization to promote high quality and cost-effective outcomes.
- Communicates effectively, with confidence and knowledge, to health care team members. Is creative, diplomatic, discreet and tenacious in dealing with patients, physicians and other staff members.
- Ability to facilitate and negotiate issues through to resolution; proactively solicits feedback into the development of ongoing case management services.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment, demonstrating good organization skills, a sense of humor and an ability to resolve conflict.
Master’s Degree in Social Work, LSCW preferred
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Maryland licensure as Social Worker required; Certification in case management desirable
Experience in a clinical setting as a hospital discharge planner
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.