Requisition #: 1808
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Week: Temporary Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 17, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, and international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
Cook works at the lead level requiring the use of specific vocational skills. Performs a moderate range of cooking duties. Works with minimal supervsion and is expected to resolve problems by reference to general work instructions or occupational practices, procedures and precedents. Participates with others in the performance of the work; errors results in identifiable losses, occasionally causing disruptions to or delays in the work of others. Provides assistance to other food service personnel.
- High School Diploma and two years of previous experience
- Knife skills
- Works require the skills to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers and make comparisons between numbers and letters
- Works requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Incumbents must respond appropriately to instructions, questions, or requests for information. Works occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors, which involves courtesy.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing more than 50 pounds
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.