Food Service Cook
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Support Services (Services/Trades)
- Day Shift
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, we offer an excellent Benefits Package, to include:
- Affordable healthcare
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Life and disability insurance
- Opportunities for career development
- Employee Discount Program - travel, tickets, dining and more!
We are currently hiring Cooks to join Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg, FL.
The Cook will:
- Accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and special/catered events.
- Prepare foods under direct supervision or instructions and serve customers a la carte
- Operate a grill station, prepare food in accordance with federal/state standards
- Read menus, orders or receive verbal instructions on food required by patron
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Follow basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables and desserts
- Operate a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use
- Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment following all department and regulatory rules and procedures for compliance
- Comply with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures
Work Hours: 1pm - 9:30pm, Full Time, 40 hrs/week, weekend work required
Work Location: St. Petersburg, FL
- High School diploma/GED preferred
- 1 year minimum of relevant kitchen experience
- Experience with pizza preparation including dough making, topping prep, and making pizzas to order in front of customers
- Knowledge of basic kitchen equipment operation experience in a short order restaurant or other large facility environment
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.