CSD Supply Coordinator
Requisition #: 446303
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 18, 2021
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 446303
Location: 1780 E Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Weekend work required
Reports to and works under the direct supervision of the departmental supervisors and managers. Takes additional direction from group leaders and other designated staff. All Materials Management staff are considered essential staff. Work is to facilitate the timely and accurate movement, delivery, and stocking of supplies and equipment throughout the entire JHH campus and designated off-site areas. Monitors and maintains inventory levels for remote unit/departmental stocking and storeroom locations (Par Levels/Pyxis Cabinets/Server Carts, etc.) in a neat and orderly fashion. Performs inventories in remote storeroom locations based on the assigned schedules, and delivers patient care supplies. Retrieves, cleans, disinfects and delivers patient care equipment. Safely transports supplies and equipment and facilitates towline operations. Operates all equipment safely and appropriately. Safely transports supplies and equipment using various types of delivery and transport carts (metal, towline, plastic, tipsters, etc.), pallet jacks, flatbeds, drop-down, etc. Responsible for keeping work areas and departmental areas clean and neat. Collects and breaks down cardboard box waste and other materials generated by work functions, places materials in appropriate waste receptacles (e.g., tipsters and carts), transport clean waste to appropriate dumpsters and compactors. Maintains a professional appearance per departmental guidelines. Maintains professional conduct at all times. Uses appropriate hand hygiene at all times. Uses work place interpersonal skills to effectively and respectfully communicate to customers, co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors and other staff. Communicates customer complaints and materials management issues to management staff. Provides outstanding customer service at all times when interacting with patients, visitors and staff. Promotes an environment of respect, teamwork, and supports activities for a patient-centered supply chain.
Minimum of six months experience in warehouse or storeroom operations or the completions of a JHH/JHHS-approved on-the-job sponsored training program. Previous customer service experience preferred.
JHHS Health, Safety & Environment motorized pallet jack training (if position requires the use of a motorized pallet jack).
- Requires the ability to read at and have the mathematical ability at a 12th grade level. Requires the ability to understand English in order to follow instructions, job assignments, schedules, packages and chemical labels. Able to understand and utilize universal safety precautions when cleaning and disinfecting equipment or transporting materials. Knowledge on how to transport carts Knowledge of medical supplies and terminology. Knowledge of supply handling equipment, such as flatbed trucks, pallet jacks, and box cutters. Pyxis, Handhelds (MMIS) Tracking System.
- Ability to use basic math skills to take inventory and monitor supply levels.
- Effective communication skills to interact with peers, management staff, clinical and other staff, patients, and visitors.
- Job Title: Distribution Center Inventory Coordinator
- Ability to use materials management information systems (MMIS), asset management systems, Pyxis, SAP, UPS Trackpad, MyLearning, Success Factors and other computer systems and software
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.