Requisition #: 2112
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Week: Temporary Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Dec. 30, 2020
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it is one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Johns Hopkins Bayview is looking for a CT Technologist for the Imaging Center.
Full time schedule - 36 hours per week
Night shift: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 7pm - 7:30am
- Counsels patients on the radiographic procedures to be performed.
- Assists physician with biopsies and drainage.
- Secures patient consent for the performance of intravenous injections.
- Positions patients on equipment. Operates scanner and related equipment in the examination of patients.
- Must be able to work independently and scan following Departmental Policy Manual.
- Monitors patient during examination. Notifies attending physician of changes.
- Prepares and organizes equipment necessary for CT scan.
- Schedules patients for radiology procedure to be performed.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment. Reports malfunctioning equipment to appropriate personnel.
- Cleans equipment after use.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and drugs necessary for procedures conducted.
- May provide guidance to Radiology Technologists, students and assistants as required.
- Minimum of High school or GED equivalent required.
- Work requires completion of an AMA approved program for Radiologic Technology or equivalent which is required in a two year college or technical school program.
- ARRT certified with current registration required.
- Radiography license by the Maryland Board of Physicians required.
- BLS CPR certification required.
- Preferred post-primary ARRT Computed Tomography CT certification.
- Minimum of 3-6 months work experience in CT Imaging.
- Requires thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology as related to the position.
- Requires a general knowledge of CT protocols followed in performing examinations.
- Knowledge of various CT scanners and filming equipment, storage devices, computers and accessory equipment required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.