CT Technologist - PRN
Requisition #: 196924
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 28, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Johs Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
CT Imaging Tech
PRN - As Needed
Responsible for successful scanning and assistance of procedures on patients who are extremely ill or injured.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsels patients on the radiographic procedures to be performed.
- Assists physician with biopsies and drainage.
- Secures patient consent for the performance of intravenous injections.
- Positions patients on equipment. Operates scanner and related equipment in the examination of patients
- Must be able to work independently and scan following Departmental Policy Manual.
- Monitors patient during examination. Notifies attending physician of changes.
- Prepares and organizes equipment necessary for CT scan.
- Schedules patients for radiology procedure to be performed.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment. Reports malfunctioning equipment to appropriate personnel.
- Cleans equipment after use.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and drugs necessary for procedures conducted.
- May provide guidance to Radiology Technologists, students and assistants as required.
Education, Experience, and Abilities
- Work requires the level of knowledge typically acquired through completion of two years of occupationally specific education or an Associate’s degree in radiology technology or closely related field and six months of previous experience.
- RTR registration required. Annual Certification in CPR is required.
- Work requires the analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical or technical principles.
- Work requires the ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain medical center policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing patients, visitors and/or medical center employees. More sensitive situations may be referred to others as appropriate.
Possible exposure to communicable diseases and hazardous materials with little likelihood of harm if established health precautions are followed
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.