Cyber Security Engineer-EMMS
Requisition #: 403705
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Oct. 18, 2021
Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Currently remote - will transition to a hybrid schedule. Johns Hopkins Hospital, 5801 Smith Ave. Davis Bldg., Suite 3100, Baltimore MD 21209
Shift: Full Time (40 hours), 8:30am - 5:00pm, Weekends Not Required
Exempt; Pay Grade IY
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
The Enterprise Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for log management, host security, cloud security, asset discovery, vulnerability management, incident response, threat intelligence, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) Security Orchestration and Automated Response (SOAR), Network Access Control, and network security for the Enterprise Management, Monitoring and Security (EMMS) team. The Enterprise Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for one or more of these technologies, often working with one or more team members to support these functions.
- Respond to all user, system and network security incidents
- Stay abreast of emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls
- Automate security controls, data and processes to provide improved metrics and operational support
- Apply adept understanding and experience with systems automation platforms and technologies
- Knowledge of the latest trends and awareness of current hacking techniques and cyber crime
HOST AND CLOUD SECURITY
- Design, implement and administer automated security update technologies for client and server systems
- Design, implement and administer advanced endpoint protection technologies
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities and working to address them with the appropriate owners
- Help shape the organization’s security policies and standards for use in on-premises and cloud environments
- Create technical documents on use of security technologies
DATA SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE
- Direct and influence multi-disciplinary teams in implementing and operating information security controls
- Collaborate with application developers and database administrators to deliver creative solutions to difficult technology challenges and business requirements
- Interpret security and technical requirements into business requirements and communicate security risks to relevant stakeholders
Bachelor’s degree required. Additional experience may be substituted for education. Experience beyond the required work experience may be substituted for the degree on a 2 to 1 basis. With every two years’ experience equal to one year of education.
A CISSP certification desirable
Required Work Experience:
Six years of related work experience with computer systems, applications and Cyber Security technologies. Additional education may substitute for experience. Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits or 18 graduate degree credits = 1 year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college coursework may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of security monitoring, host and cloud security and data security and compliance
• Knowledge of applicable methodologies, including enterprise architecture and common IT Infrastructure components.
• Proficient in common scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python, etc.) and automating API requests
• Experienced in assessing a broad range of information solutions and products.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills, with problem solving aptitude
• Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
• Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations and deliver results that go above and beyond.
• Must be well organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to experienced technical engineers.
• Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.