Requisition #: 181703
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Feb. 22, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Reporting to Sr. Director of IT and Analytics, the Data Architect at Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, you will be responsible for planning, designing, and testing relational and dimensional databases to support continuous quality, safety, and operational improvement. This position coordinates gathering data requirements from the business, and designing dimensional data models and ETLs to support those requirements for all clinical applications, EHR, purchasing, and HR/Payroll applications. Candidates should have the ability to effectively respond to complex inquiries from clients, coworkers, and or management to solve advanced problems and develop a variety of options in complex situations. The position develops and implements enterprise-level strategies and principles for the integration of enterprise information resources by defining corporate standards for data architecture, format, quality, and database design. The Data Architect independently manages many complex projects and their components and is responsible for the validating of the analysis, models, and data conversion and quality assurance. The Data Architect provides input and leadership to help define best practices and standards in database design and business intelligence solutions. Works closely with leadership and customers at the corporate level of the organization to develop integrated and standardized business intelligence solutions.
- A Masters Degree in a related field coupled with up to 2 years experience in database programming or a Bachelors degree in a related technical field with up to 3 years of experience with database programming or an Associates Degree in a related technical field with up to 4 years experience in database programming.
- 2 - 4 years experience with ETL tools and ETL programming. Experience with database behind clinical applications.
- Preferred Experience administering the following software packages and operating systems: Informatica, SSIS, Sharepoint, Tomcat, Unix, Microstrategy, IIS.
- Preferred Experience with the following databases and codebases: oracle (9i, 10g) , MS SqlServer (2005 and up), MySQL, Db2, Sybase, Informatica, SSIS, Java, C, C++, PHP, Perl, microstrategy, IIS, SharePoint.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of the interrelationship of business process and Information Systems applications. Requires a thorough knowledge of data warehouse and data management principles and processes and database development.
- Basic understanding of database development including database design and modeling as well as familiarity with one or more of the following database products: Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Microsoft databases combined with a basic familiarity with SQL including queries, stored procedures.
- Must possess the following level of understanding in the listed areas:
- In-depth understanding of various data models such as relational, network, and hierarchical.
- Demonstrated experience building and developing physical and logical database designs.
- Basic understanding of the following communications concepts: TCP/IP, SOCKETS, UDP, IPX.
- Working knowledge of data capture and transformation techniques, ad hoc query, and online analytical processing (OLAP).
- Basic familiarity with and understanding of the theory behind the use of version control products.
- A familiarity with the OSI model and associated protocols.
- Basic understanding of application database access methods Data Access Objects (DAO), Remote Data Objects (RDO), Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), Database Library (DB-Lib), and embedded SQL coding.
- Ability to distill and articulate technical and organizational approach to clinical data needs. Demonstrated experience in strategic guidance and project creation for data warehousing and business process automation.
- Ability to develop operations planning and clinical reports using enterprise level reporting packages (Tableau, SAP BW, Microstrategy, Business Objects).
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.