- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Non-Clinical Professional
- Day Shift
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Plans, designs, prepares engineering construction documents relating to additions, alterations and renovations. Performs design effort (mechanical or electrical) under the general supervision of the Design Manager and under the technical oversight of higher level designers and engineering professionals. This sequence of job titles is structured to reflect an employee’s increasing technical capabilities in the fields of either mechanical or electrical engineering.
Licensure/Certification: The Engineer position requires that the employee be eligible to be examined for registration as a professional engineer in the State of Maryland.
Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering is preferred for all job titles but may be waived in accordance with the Work Experience table listed below:
Bachelor's Degree, 4 yrs engineering design
Associate's Degree, 8 yrs engineering design
High School Diploma, 12 yrs engineering design
- Knowledge of construction methods and equipment installation/inspection.
- Foundation and current knowledge of design, construction, operations and maintenance fields
- and governmental regulations and codes, as applicable to employee’s discipline. The Sr.
- Engineering Designer shall further have a base of knowledge from which the employee can be
- effective integrating all construction, engineering and maintenance disciplines into a design or
- interpretation of governmental regulations and codes. The Engineer shall additionally require
- the necessary knowledge that establishes the employee to be eligible to be examined for
- registration as a professional engineer in the State of Maryland.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications (PC- and network-based), including Windows,
- departmental e-mail, word processing, database, spreadsheet, project management,
- presentation and CADD packages.
- Applies and integrates knowledge indicated herein.
- High level of ability to solve problems and manage information indicated herein.
- Ability to use equipment indicated herein.
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills, on a college graduate level.
- Ability to plan, research, analyze, coordinate, implement and present project requirements; for the Engineering Designer within the employee’s respective discipline of engineering while the Sr. Engineering Designer’s ability must integrate all other design disciplines.
- Ability to generate clear design direction and convey the same to other Sr. Designers, Designers, and Drafters.
- Interacts professionally with JHM/departmental staff as well as contractor’s, manufacturers, vendors and consultants.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.