Desktop Support Specialist
Requisition #: 413863
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 28, 2021
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, 3910 Keswick Avenue, Baltimore MD 21211
Full Time (40 hours)
8:30 am - 5:00pm
Weekends Not Required
The primary role of the Client Specialist (CS) is to support computer hardware and various software installations, incident resolution, and upgrades according to JHH standards and guidelines. Utilizes the Helpdesk ticketing system to track work time and document efforts on all tickets in the queue. Manage and maintain individual work queue as well as contribute to overall management of group queue, communicate via e-mail and voicemail messages in a timely manner. Ensures that processes and documentation is kept up-to-date. Assists with software deployments and upgrades as directed by the Manager and/or Director. Performs hardware moves in a timely manner. Assists with technical evaluations of new desktop hardware and software as assigned to ensure products being evaluated meet JHH standards and technical requirements for long-term strategic goals. Maintains skill levels of current technology by using the educational resources to keep abreast of new deveopments in hardware and software advancements.
High School Diploma/GED.
Two years related experience. Additional education can be substituted for experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
2. Demonstrate critical thinking and reasoning skills.
3. Ability to work on assignments according to set priorities.
4. Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
5. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
6. Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
7. Write and communicate clearly and concisely.
8. Possess sound documentation skills.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality
10. Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.