RN In-House Contract - Diabetes Educator
Requisition #: 190069
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Temporary
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 18, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating activities hospital-wide diabetes education. This includes coordination and the delivery of diabetes education for inpatients, their families, new employee orientation to include in-service and continuing education for hospital staff. The diabetes educator ensures that the inpatient Diabetes Self Management Education program meets all requirements for recognition by the American Diabetes Association.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Graduate of NLN Accredited Nursing Program
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Masters Degree preferred
- Licensure: Licensed to practice as registered nurse in the District of Columbia
- Certification: Certified Diabetes Educator through the American Association of Diabetes Educator or eligible to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Minimum of six months diabetes patient education and evidence of program presentation to nursing staff and/or students.
- Past experience with a staff nurse in Med/Surg.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.