Requisition #: 186220
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: May 21, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Limited/ Rotating Shift/ 20 hrs./ week
Performs a variety of basic clerical tasks to ensure that meals, nourishments and snacks are properly prepared and distributed to all patients and service locations. Work of this class involves no supervisory duties or responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers and responds to incoming calls for room service.
- Enters patient requests while operating a multi–function computer based program.
- Delivers positive customer service when responding to inquiries.
- Prints menus, nourishment labels and daily reports.
- Coordinates meal counts and needs for satellite feeding.
- Receives and answers telephone calls; records messages and communicates with team members to ensure requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Guides patient selections based on diet order.
- Records patient diet changes per orders from hospital personnel.
- Maintains required records and files per hospital policy.
- Performs related work as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work requires a high school level of educational development and 1 year of previous customer service experience.
- No certification, registration or licensure required. Basic computer skills required.
- Work requires the skills to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers, and make comparisons between numbers and letters.
- Work requires excellent customer service skills and proper phone etiquette.
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities:
- Work requires occasionally reaching and grasping objects.
- Work requires proofreading and/or reviewing documents.
- Work is performed in a fast paced call center environment which requires a high degree of concentration, attention to detail and ability to multitask.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.