Director Finance- Suburban Hospital
- Requisition #:
- Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20814
The Director of Finance for Suburban Hospital is a dual-reporting position that oversees Suburban financial operations in one or more than one functional area. This position is responsible for all financial aspects within the functional area, and will provide senior management with financial reports and overall financial management necessary for the fiscally prudent operation of each area. The position will be an integral part of the management of the functional area and will ensure the development of a strong finance team through the mentoring of key individuals within the department.
The position will report to the Administrator or equivalent position within the functional area(s) and the CFO of NCR.
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to oversight of the following Sibley/Suburban financial functions within the designated functional area(s):
- Development and review of the functional area(s)’ finance staff
- Annual operating and capital budgets
- Financial analysis of actual and budgeted performance
- Providing monthly accruals and budget variance explanations to General Accounting
- Production and maintenance of the monthly financial statements and reports
- Revenue reconciliation, billing, and charge entry
- Research project administration and accounting (including grant submissions, effort reporting, and cost transfers)
- Program/product development analysis
- Develop and/or monitor compliance with Sibley/Suburban financial policies, internal controls, and internal audit recommendations
- Oversee budget development for all JHM entities under the scope of the functional area assigned ensuring that the combined whole is accurate and complete. Monitor and address budget variances
- Develop and enforce departmental financial policies and internal controls. Work independently with limited supervision.
- Manages staff and has responsibility for hiring, firing, and performance management
- Resolve issues that block process; Identify appropriate communication channels; Primary responsibility for financial issues of assigned JHM entities; Must ensure accuracy of data and quality of service. Utilize techniques of financial analysis to identify, plan, develop, implement and monitor financial strategies and resolutions to problem areas
- Develop and interpret a variety of financial reports which may include: Income statements, balance sheets, statements of cash flows; Ratio interpretation, and financial performance monitoring for Sibley/Suburban as well as prospective external partners
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.