Director of Facilities Management- National Capital Region
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Day Shift
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 581085
Location: 600 N. Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 8:00am - 4:30pm
The Director is responsible for all aspects of a facilities management division on the assigned campus(es). Leads a division that is part of the Facilities Department and works with Departmental colleagues in a collegial manner to further the goals of the overall Department. Provides leadership to engineering technicians, engineers and support staff to ensure work is completed on schedule, within budget and in compliance with applicable codes and regulations. Devises and implements strategies to meet the mission and strategic goals of the hospitals and Health System. Ensures that the work and efforts of the division are effectively communicated to a broad audience across the Health System. Implements and revises as appropriate the staffing and management structure necessary to effectively, efficiently, consistently and safely provide facilities management services to the Health system. Devises and implements strategies to maximize the time and expertise of staff and vendors as well as the purchasing and utilization benefits of equipment and materials across the Health System. Devises and implements strategies to ensure a high quality of service and standards of care by implementing state of the art technologies, methods and techniques. Works with all appropriate parties across the Health System to implement innovative safety practices consistently across the Health System. Develops and leads strategies to build credible working relationships with internal and external customers including clinical staff, vendors, consultants and administrative staff and leadership of each affiliate. Works with customers and colleagues to plan for and support continual changes and advances in health care. Develops policies and procedures and manages their implementation in accordance with departmental strategic objectives or initiatives. Prepares staffing and budgetary plans, and manages resources to achieve department’s goals. Devises strategies to meet budget goals such as providing services to outside customers. Participates in the Annual Capital Budget Process. Oversee the provision of services to customers within budget, on schedule and in compliance with all applicable codes and regulations. Performs general managerial duties such as supervising staff, planning, scheduling, budgeting, data analysis, reporting, and performing presentations; coordinates training and other programs to develop and enhance individual technical and management skills and to ensure the retention and career advancement of employees and managers in the department. Represents the department to customers and the Hospital to patients, visitors, or interested parties. This Director performs these responsibilities with minimal supervision of the Vice President, JHHS Facilities Management.
Bachelors degree in a related field and
Advanced degree in a related field. or, equivalent level of knowledge or experience of 15 years in a management position.
10 years related work experience in a supervisory capacity
- Detailed, functional knowledge of terminology and operations.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures and language.
- Detailed, technical knowledge of equipment, techniques, industry standards, planning, estimating, codes, procedures and materials.
- General knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of financial policies and regulations
- Knowledge of Joint Commission (TJC) requirements and Federal, State, and local regulations and codes.
- Extensive knowledge of computer applications (PC- and network-based), including Windows business programs such as Word and Excel, Maximo and area specific programs such as
- project management and outage systems.
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills, on a college graduate level.
- Applies and integrates knowledge indicated herein.
- High level of ability to solve problems and manage information indicated herein.
- Ability to use equipment indicated herein.
- Ability to plan, research, analyze, coordinate, implement and present operations requirements.
- Interacts professionally with JHM/departmental staff as well as contractors, manufacturers, vendors and consultants.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.