Director of Nursing, Inpatient Surgery and Physical Medicine & Rehab
Requisition #: 203564
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Dec. 9, 2019
The Director of Nursing for Inpt. Surgery and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PMR) collaborates with the Sr. VP of Nursing/CNO to lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing strategic plans, objectives, and standards in the departments of surgery and PMR. The director of nursing (DON) leads, manages, and evaluates systems and processes that support surgery/PMR nursing.
The director of nursing (DON) also leads and manages clinical operations and initiatives that support the patient care delivery system to achieve established productivity, quality, safety, and satisfaction performance parameters. The DON is accountable for the development and monitoring of the nursing budget allocated to surgery/PMR, and assures cost-effective use of resources.
Reports directly to CNO/Sr. VP of The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Education & Experience:
- Master's degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
- Doctorate highly preferred
- Seven years of progressively responsible senior nursing leadership experience with at least five years in an acute care setting.
- In-depth knowledge of surgical/PMR nursing competencies and scope of associated nursing practice.
- Experience working on a Magnet journey or in a Magnet hospital highly desirable.
- Experience leading large complex projects.
- Active listener and able to synthesize the information from multiple stakeholders quickly.
- Good communication skills, engaging, passionate about healthcare.
- Experience with strategic planning and execution
- Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Maryland or able to obtain
- Leads the development of strategic growth and operational objectives for surgery/PMR services in conjunction with other departmental leaders and leaders across The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Initiates opportunities to collaborate with local and regional partners to lead mission driven program development efforts using data-driven analytics to project growth, financial impact, and vision for surgery/PMR services.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, nursing and other interdisciplinary staff to gain support for the vision and develop goals for surgery/PMR services.
- Fosters collaboration between clinical units to assure standards are met to achieve accreditations, certifications, and recognition for high performance services.
- Supports an environment conducive to meeting financial targets, standards of excellence, collaborative research, as well as employee and patient/family satisfaction.
- Promotes and supports the Patient and Family- Centered Care across surgery/PMR services.
- Keeps abreast of quality metrics and initiatives to monitor outcomes and processes of care to promote quality services and avoid financial disincentives.
- Promotes an environment that supports and embraces diversity of staff and reflects the populations served to meet the needs of both the community and region.
- Develops and maintains high engagement and accountability where all members of the health care team have an opportunity for participation and job satisfaction to achieve the vision, mission, and goals of the organization.
- Develops and executes programs that improve value-based surgery/PMR services and assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Identifies and implements evidenced based practice strategies that lead to risk management reductions.
- Promotes participation in relevant research and uses research results to improve care delivery and clinical practice.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.